Where do I start? My brain today is like the WAZE app. Not sure if all will agree but this app happens to be one of the busiest, most confusing, hard to follow GPS systems ever for me!
Not too long ago, I can remember being the passenger NOT even the driver trying to get us out of the downtown Dallas grid lock. My girlfriend handed me her phone and said, “Help me navigate!” Not only did we get a great tour of the Design District, we ended up heading east to Kaufman, Texas. An app trying to outsmart the traffic in a huge metropolitan city, is almost impossible. My friend and I could not stop laughing because it was trying to monitor her speed, tell us of hazards, road closures, traffic conditions, warnings and even where police cars were located! It was like watching a video game and as far as I am concerned, a complete distraction while driving.
That’s where my head is today.
I write to release but when I go almost 2 weeks without writing, it’s difficult to put my thoughts on paper. So, this week I will start by listing some highlights to help release and start fresh next week.
- Cody went on his first white water rafting trip and participated in his first parade! WIN. WIN.
- Cody took his first nap with his Sita. First WIN.
- No regression was noted in team meeting today after taking a week off of therapy. Total WIN. This is because, my entire family enrolled in working on small things each day while we were on vacation and turning breakfast time into therapy time.
- Brad and I have been undergoing underlying stress since June 28th that our silly insurance provider puts us through every 6 months. First run, only approved 20 hours which is nonsense. TODAY, we received relief after our BCBA fought and got us 36 hours to December 31, 2017. Not sure what 2018 will bring but we can breathe until then. Breathe IN, WIN out.
- The trick to a professional hair cut for Cody is to do it in the pool with his swim rings! Triple WIN here.
- Missing Camo this week but gearing up to a long weekend full of baseball starting tomorrow and wishing for a BIG WIN!
- I have a hen that is broody. She wants to be a mama and I can’t blame her. Trying to breaking her from broody-ville as we speak. No WIN yet.
- Family time on our vacation was great. Been awhile where we all 4 got away together. Bonus was to share with Mom, Kirk and Sharon too. Trifecta WIN
- Sunsets never were a disappoint. The BEST WIN